Meeting Dates & Procedures
For 2020, the full Board of Governors will meet on:
- February 28, 2020 - Regular Meeting, Erickson Alumni Center, Morgantown
- May 1, 2020 - Regular Meeting - This meeting will be conducted remotely with participant information posted to this website prior to the meeting
- June 19, 2020 - Regular Meeting - This meeting will be conducted remotely with participant information posted to this website prior to the meeting
- September 18, 2020 - Regular Meeting, Erickson Alumni Center, Morgantown
- November 6, 2020 - Regular Meeting, Erickson Alumni Center, Morgantown
- December 18, 2020 - Regular Meeting, Erickson Alumni Center, Morgantown
Regular meetings of the West Virginia University Board of Governors will be held at least six times per year. Board meetings will be held via telephone on occasion to deal with items of an urgent or timely nature.
Meetings will be held at the Erickson Alumni Center in Morgantown. Any planned deviation from this pattern will be posted on the BOG web site and appear in the online meeting notice database posted with the West Virginia Secretary of State.
A simple majority (nine) shall constitute a quorum to do business. There will be no voting by secret ballot.
The Open Meetings or “Sunshine” Act
All Board meetings are open to the public.
Media representatives are welcome to attend Board meetings. Compliance with the Open Governmental Proceedings Act, WV Code.§6-9A, is no longer based on publication in the State Register. Now to be compliant, according to HB 2747, a notice must be approved and listed on the online meeting notice database (of the West Virginia Secretary of State) for 5 business days. All meetings will also be listed on the BOG web site.
When appropriate, and in accordance with §6-9A-4 of the Open Meetings Act, the Board may go into executive session (closed to the public). No decisions will be made in executive session.
Minutes of all open meetings will be taken and made available to the public on the BOG web site within a reasonable time after the meeting. Minutes shall include: date, time, and place of the meeting; name of each member present and absent; all motions, proposals, resolutions, orders, ordinances, and measures proposed, the name of the person proposing and the disposition; the results of all votes; and, when requested by a member, the vote of each member by name.